After installing the Smartphone Tracker:
In the "Main View":
1. Make sure the "Enable Tracking" is check.
2. Define your "SMS Code". When an SMS containing the code is received, SmartphoneTracker wakes up and send the GPS coordinates.
3. Check the "Email" checkbox to receive GPS Coordinates by email. Choose the email account and fill the "Address". The email with the coordinates will be sent to this email address using the chosen email account.
4. Check the "SMS" checkbox to receive GPS Coordinates by SMS. The SMS will be send to phone "Number". A notification of SIM Card change will be also send to this phone number.
Check the "Reply to sender" to ignore the "Number" and reply to the number that sent the coded SMS.
5. Press "Menu -> Save Changes".
At this point Smartphone Tracker is set and ready.
You can Exit it.
When your phone will receive a SMS with the defined "SMS Code", Smartphone Tracker will automatically wakeup and send email or/and SMS with the GPS coordinates.
In the "Settings View":
1. "Auto detect GPS" - check to let SmartphoneTracker auto detect GPS, otherwise manually select the GPS COM port.
1.1 To disable GPS for devices without GPS. Uncheck auto detect GPS and select Disable instead of COM port.
2. "Map Template" - Select email map template - GoogleMaps, Yahoo Maps and WindowsLive Maps.
3. If the "Use simple template for SMS" is checked the SMS template is: latitude N/S, longitude E/W. Otherwise it will be the same as the Email template. 4. "Force immediate send/receive" - Send the GPS coordinate Email immediately instead of letting the predefine email account to send it. If not check email Email response may not be immediate.
5. "Background Mode" - In this mode the SmartphoneTracker is hidden when operates remotely by SMS.
6. "Notify SIM replaced" - when checked Smartphone Tracker will notify by SMS when a SIM card is replaced. Make sure to define the SMS number in the "Main" tab.
7. "Intercept incoming location SMS" - This feature is usfull if your friend/family has also SmartPhoneTracker. When receiving a location SMS (Menu->SMS To..), SmartPhoneTracker will automaticaly open and display the the received location on a map. You can then toggle between the received location and your location.
8. "Cell Location" - Enable/disable cell tower location.
7.1 "OpenCellID" - use the opencellid.org database for cell tower location.
8. "Camera Capture" - check to attach image capture from camera to notification emails. 9. Press "Menu -> Save Changes".
1. "Menu->Show GPS Location" - display map by GPS coordinates.
Enabled only when there is a GPS Reception.
2. "Menu->Show Cell Location" -
display map by Cell tower coordinates.
3. "Menu->Update Cell Location" - update your current cell tower location in opencellid.org with the GPS coordinates. Enabled only when there is a GPS Reception.
4. "Menu->Zoom in/out" - zoom map in/out .
4. "Menu->Hybrid Map" - Toggle between
road and hybrid map.
2. unckeck the Notify SIM Replaced in the Settings View.
3. Menu -> Save Changes.
4. Menu -> Exit.
5. On your device, Start->Settings->System->Remove Programs.
6. Select the SmartPhoneTracker and press the Remove Button.